The principle of this code is based on principles set out by Suruhanjaya SyarikatMalaysia (“Companies Commission of Malaysia”) in relation to sincerity, integrity, responsibility and corporate social responsibility.
This Code of Ethics is formulated to enhance the standard of corporate governance and corporate behavior and aims at :
- Establishing a standard of ethical behaviour for directors based on trustworthiness and values that can be accepted, are held or upheld by any one person
- Upholding the spirit of responsibility and social responsibility in line with the legislation, regulations and guidelines for administrating the Company.
In the performance of his duties, a director should at all times observe the following codes :
2. Relationship with Shareholders, Employees, Creditors and Customers
- Should be conscious of the interest of shareholders, employees, creditors and customers of the company;
- Should at all times promote professionalism and improve the competency of management and employees; and
- Should ensure adequate safety measures and provide proper protection to workers and employees at the workplace.
3. Social Responsibilities and the Environment
- Should ensure that necessary steps are taken in accordance with the law to properly wind-up or strike off the company register if the company has not commenced business or has ceased to carry on business and is not likely to commence business in the future or resume business as the case may be;
- Should adopt an objective and positive attitude and give the utmost cooperation for the common good when dealing with government authorities or regulatory bodies;
- Should ensure the effective use of natural resources, and improve quality of life by promoting corporate social responsibilities;
- Should be more proactive to the needs of the community and to assist in society-related programmes in line with the aspirations of the concept of ‘Caring Society’ in Vision 2020; and
- Should ensure that the activities and the operations of the company do not harm the interest and well-being of society at large and assist in the fight against inflation.